Wednesday, November 18, 2015

I have been using Nearpod as well as Kahoot as a formative assessment centered around plate tectonics and the vocabulary involved.  Prior to this professional development, the only on-line methods I used was through Google docs and the use of Galileo.



2
Getting Started
Developing
Proficient
Transfer
Formative Assessment
I’m revisiting / getting familiar with this concept of formative assessment—one of the most high-yielding strategies in education, when it comes to improving student performance.
I design more targeted practice and invite students to play a more active role helping me diagnose how / whether to adjust my / our approach in order to improve performance.
 
I can design targeted practice that increasingly looks like the desired performance, and I use student performance results and their feedback to inform my / our next steps.
I’ve been / begun practicing formative assessment in other settings to target practice and seek information to inform my /our next steps.

No comments:

Post a Comment